In 6th grade Social Studies we will cover...
- Basic Geography and Map Reading Skills
- Minnesota History
- The First Civilizations
- Monotheistic Religions
- Greece and Rome
- The Middle Ages
- The Enightenment
- The Age of Revolutions
Guidelines and Expectations
- Have all appropriate materials and supplies at your table and be seated when class begins.
- Respect all people and property in the classroom.
- Use the appropriate voice levels for a classroom.
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Observe and follow all class rules and procedures.
- Verbal warning
- The student will be required to analyze the classroom expectations and determine which one they are not following. They will then write the expectation and explain how they were not following it and why it was making learning difficult.
If students are consistently in conflict with classroom expectations, then added measures will be taken. For more information see the SHPA Student Handbook.
We will work hard to create a positive learning environment. A parent or guardian will be notified if their student is exhibiting behavior that prevents learning. This contact will be made through email or a direct phone call.
Late work policy
We are a rigorously academic institution. The work completed at home is for reinforcement and enrichment and crucial to the success of a student. All late work will receive no more than 50% credit. If the late work is not up to SHPA standards the student may be asked to redo the assignment or the student may receive 0% (this will be up to the discretion of Mr. Leaf).
Tests make up 50% of a student’s final grade. The emphasis placed on formal assessment creates a rigorously academic community and prepares the student for the next level of their educational career. Students that earn an 85% or lower on a test may retest. On the second test, or retest, the highest grade a student may receive is an 85%. This retest must be scheduled within one week. It is up to the student to arrange a retest. Quizzes may be used to prepare for the chapter and unit tests. There will not be an opportunity to retake a quiz.
- These guidelines and expectations may be changed by Mr. Leaf at any time.
- If you have any questions or comments about these guidelines please contact Mr. Leaf through email or the school office.